"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Are you "ready for any good work?" Then the Sisters of Saint Jospeh are ready for you!
We have a great team of volunteers who share our mission of serving and educating the immigrant community of Philadelphia. There are a variety of ways to get involved. We are always looking for passionate, energetic people to add to our team!
Ways to Get Involved:
- Volunteer: We serve over 250 students each year. Most of our teachers are volunteers. Volunteers can choose to teach English as a Second Language, Computer Skills, or Citizenship Test Preparation, in the morning, afternoon or evening. We also have volunteers who teach art, yoga, cooking, and other skills during the summer, or on Fridays during the school year.
- Spread the Word: Share information about the SSJ Welcome Center with family and friends. You never know who is looking for a way to change the world, but hasn't found the right place yet. Add us on Facebook to "like" and "share" our posts!
- Advocate for Us: The SSJ Welcome Center is interested in comprehensive immigration reform, protecting families from being split up due to deportation, and expanding the current refugee acceptance policies. Stay up-to-date on immigration and refugee policies and contact your representatives on behalf of the SSJ Welcome Center and the wonderful people we serve.
- Walk With Us: Contact us for the name of a student to keep in your daily prayers.
- Help With Fundraising Events: Each year the SSJ Welcome Center hosts fundraising events to benefit our center and engage our donors. Attend our annual Trivia Night in November as a participant, or join the committee that hosts the event.
- Donate: We are in the process of renovating our new building so that we can serve more students. You can mail donations directly to the SSJ Welcome Center, or donate online.
- Website & Social Media Help: If you are tech-savy we are looking for assistance with building up our website and social media platforms. This could also be a great option for college students looking for an internship or senior project.
- Other: We don't always know what we need until someone suggests a creative idea. We are renovating a new building, teaching, doing social outreach, applying for grants, and always active. If you have a skill or idea you would like to share with us, we are always happy to discuss the possibilities!
If you want to get involved with our team, please contact Sister Judy: